Golgi apparatus was first observed in:
Golgi apparatus is a membrane-bound cell organelle. It was first described by Italian physician Camillo Golgi, 1897 in the osmium impregnated nerve cells. He described them as a network or reticular like structures around the nucleus and termed them as "internal reticular apparatus". The term Gogi apparatus was first used in 1910 and later renamed as the Golgi complex in the year 1956.
Golgi apparatus is seen in the cells that are very active in protein secretion by exocytosis that is the secretory cell. They are also abundant in nerve cells that synthesize a large amount of membrane-associated proteins. Thus Golgi apparatus function in post-translational modification, packing and sorting of proteins that are secreted by the cells.